Sunday, September 18, 2005

Did I ever get the name of that New York State wine wrong--it's Bobsled Red, produced by Glenora Wine Cellars in Dundee, New York, on Cayuga Lake in the Finger Lakes region. Ken and I sampled it last night: It's definitely a semi-sweet, bursting with blackberry or black raspberry overtones. The Glenora website does not identify the grapes they blend to make Bobsled Red, but I am curious, so I'll have to e-mail. What's the mystery? Are they afraid some other winery is going to produce it? Nashoba Winery in Massachusetts bares all, but then again, they don't have any real regional competition. The Finger Lakes region is loaded with vineyards, so perhaps that's the issue. Bobsled Red is not available in the Boston area, so I think we may bring home a couple of bottles for winter use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home