Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bon Appetit from North Creek!

The week after Labor Day found me immersed in preparations for our trip to Minerva, New York, in the Central Adirondacks. We arrived Saturday, and today was the first time I was able to pry myself away from the lake and make the 9-mile trek to North Creek where I'm writing this in the public library. Weather has been just too good. Every morning we're out paddling and walking, and in the afternoons we're relaxing on our deck overlooking the lake, books in hand. That said, not much has been going on in the culinary department since we've arrived, though I wish I could find some blueberries somewhere, frozen or not, so that I could put blueberry muffins on the table.
Pumpkin Muffin Challenge--Round #3

I've finally perfected the pumpkin muffin recipe. Go to the archives to find the post for August 21, and make one change to the Pumpkin Muffin recipe #2. Use 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar instead of the brown sugar. I also recommend Libby canned pumpkin, which has more moisture and is a smoother consistency than the One-Pie brand. In any case, these muffins are exactly what I've been looking for. Only problem is they're so much better than the Whole Foods Market pumpkin muffins that I've got to keep a close eye on my intake. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home