Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Great Pumpkin Muffin Recipe Search


Five o'clock was Round 1 in my effort to make a pumpkin muffin close to the ones they sell at Whole Foods in the Boston area. A piece of the WF bakery's pumpkin muffin-making apparatus is not operating, so they haven't been available for several weeks. They've had every other kind of muffin except pumpkin. So I'm trying to do what I've considered doing for a long time. Can I match the recipe? My first effort, though it yielded a tasty product, was a dismal failure. The muffins are SO NOT IT. Yet my taste testing of my attempt has revealed that the WF muffins are probably made with at least some molasses and they are not make with milk. They are also made with lots of eggs, which are probably beaten until light. The recipe today called for only one egg. Stay tuned for Round 2 when I try to concoct a muffin incorporating these observations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home